Support basic VO conesearch capabilities.
Based on the Simple Cone Search Version 1.03 Recommendation.
Do a conesearch on the given catalog.
catalog_db may be one of the following, in order from easiest to use to most control:
- None: A database of conesearch catalogs is downloaded from STScI. The first catalog in the database to successfully return a result is used.
- catalog name: A name in the database of conesearch catalogs at STScI is used. For a list of acceptable names, see list_catalogs().
- url: The prefix of a url to a IVOA Cone Search Service. Must end in either ? or &.
- A VOSCatalog instance: A specific catalog manually downloaded and selected from the database using the APIs in the vos_catalog module.
- Any of the above 3 options combined in a list, in which case they are tried in order.
pedantic has the same meaning as parse(). When pedantic is True, raise an error when the returned VOTable file violates the spec, otherwise issue a warning. Warnings may be controlled using the standard Python mechanisms. See the warnings module in the Python standard library for more information.
verbose, when True (default), will print information about the services being connected to.
ra: a right-ascension in the ICRS coordinate system for the position of the center of the cone to search, given in decimal degrees.
dec: a declination in the ICRS coordinate system for the position of the center of the cone to search, given in decimal degrees.
sr: the radius of the cone to search, given in decimal degrees.
verb: verbosity, 1, 2, or 3, indicating how many columns are to be returned in the resulting table. Support for this parameter by a Cone Search service implementation is optional. If the service supports the parameter, then when the value is 1, the response should include the bare minimum of columns that the provider considers useful in describing the returned objects. When the value is 3, the service should return all of the columns that are available for describing the objects. A value of 2 is intended for requesting a medium number of columns between the minimum and maximum (inclusive) that are considered by the provider to most typically useful to the user. When the verb parameter is not provided, the server should respond as if verb = 2. If the verb parameter is not supported by the service, the service should ignore the parameter and should always return the same columns for every request.
Additional kwargs may be provided to pass along to the server. These arguments are specific to the particular catalog being queried.