boxinterp -- Fill in rectangular areas with values interpolated from the surrounding area.
boxinterp input output coords
This task takes each image in turn, and for each specified point, fills in a surrounding rectangle with cosmetic smooth values. The fill values are calculated by fitting a bilinear surface to a square annulus around the point and evaluating it at each replaced pixel. The X,Y sides of the inner rectangle and surrounding rectangle are specified by the user.
- input [file name template]
- Input image(s) to be cosmetically smoothed.
- output [file name template]
- Output image file names. If an output file name is the same as that of the input image, then the file is edited in place.
- coords [file name]
- Name of the coordinates file. This may be either a reseau file, a binary table, or an ASCII text file. This task will try to read the file first as a reseau file, then as a table, and then as a text file until it successfully reads the data. If the coordinate file is a table, then the names of the columns to read for the X and Y coordinates are specified by the xcol and ycol parameters, respectively. If coordinates are passed in a text file, then the numbers must be given as free format X,Y coordinate pairs. INDEF values are ignored, as are points for which the outer surrounding rectangle would not lie entirely within the image.
- (innerx = 1) [integer, min=0]
- X side of the inner box to fill. If innerx is even, it will be incremented.
- (outerx = 5) [integer, min=1]
- X side of the outer box to fill. If outerx is even, it will be incremented. The outerx parameter must be greater in value than the innerx parameter. If this is not the case, outerx will be set to the value of innerx plus 1.
- (innery = 1) [integer, min=0]
- Y side of the inner box to fill. If innery is even, it will be incremented.
- (outery = 5) [integer, min=1]
- Y side of the outer box to fill. If outery is even, it will be incremented. The outery parameter must be greater in value than the innery parameter. If this is not the case, outery will be set to the value of innery plus 1.
- (entry = * ) [string]
- Entry name to use if coords is a reseau table.
- (xcol = c1) [string]
- Name of the X column. This parameter is used if coords is a table.
- (ycol = c2) [string]
- Name of the Y column. This parameter is used if coords is a table.
- (verbose = yes) [boolean]
- Print each image pair as processing progresses?
1. Fill a rectangle of sides 3 x 5, centered at the point 100,200. The fill data will be interpolated using the rectangle of side 7 x 9, excluding the inner rectangle of 3 x 5.
to> boxinterp in out STDIN innerx=3 outerx=7 innery=4 outery=9 100 200 EOF
For assistance using this or any other tasks, please contact email@example.com or call the help desk at 410-338-1082.