extinct -- Correct spectra for atmospheric extinction
extinct root records output
- The root name for the input spectra to be corrected.
- The range of spectra to be included in the extinction operation.
- The root name for the output corrected spectra
- The starting record number for the output corrected spectra.
- nr_aps = 2
- The number of instrument apertures for this data set.
The input spectra are corrected for atmospheric extinction. EXTINCT redirects the spectra through the task BSWITCH so all procedures are identical to those described for that task.
Because BSWITCH attempts to perform a beam-switch operation unless the subset parameter is equal to the number of instrument apertures (in which case beam-switching degenerates to a copy operation), the hidden parameter nr_aps should be set appropriately to the instrument. For IIDS and IRS data, this is 2.
cl> extinct nite1 1001-1032 nite1ex
The input string of spectra must be ordered so that only one spectrum from each aperture is present among substrings of length nr_aps.