fitslogr -- Make a log of header information from a fits tape
fitslogr input_dev out_file startfnum endfnum
- Tape drive, e.g. "mta1600" or just "mta"
- Name of output file to store information. Information is appended to this file to allow one to update a previously created file.
- Tape file to start logging.
- Tape file to stop logging.
Fitslogr reads FITS headers from successive tape files and compiles certain information into a single line of output for each file. Currently, the information output for each file includes:
Tape file number, IRAF image name, date, time, and the Carrington longitude for each image.
If all of these header parameters are not present, only the ones found will be printed out and garbage will come out for the empty parameters. The date is stored in a header parameter called OBS_DATE, the time is stored as seconds since midnight in OBS_TIME and the Carrington longitude is stored in L_ZERO. To use this script, both the DATAIO package and the VTEL package must be loaded.
1. To log all of the FITS images on a tape mounted on mta and store the information in a file called CX052 the command would be:
vt> fitslogr mta CX052 1 999
2. To log just the 40th through 60th files on mtb and see the output on your terminal, the command would be:
vt> fitslogr mtb STDOUT 40 60