fwplot -- Plot calibrated FOS or HRS spectroscopic data.
fwplot is a script that uses the task sgraph to plot a single group of a calibrated FOS or HRS flux image against a single group of a calibrated FOS or HRS wavelength image. The corresponding group of the propagated error image may be overplotted.
Control over the plot characteristics is exercised by editing the parameter sets dvpar, pltpar, and axispar. (See the help files for sgraph, dvpar, pltpar, and axispar for information about manipulating plots.)
For the purposes of fwplot the plot labels default to:
* "WAVELENGTH" for the X-axis * "FLUX" for the Y-axis * name of the flux image for the title
The minimum input required is the name of a flux image. Additionally, an image containing the propagated errors and an image containing wavelengths may be specified. If no wavelength or error image is given, the wavelength and error image names are constructed from the flux image name. In this case, the flux image must have an extension appropriate to flux calibrated FOS or HRS data, i.e., .c1h. Furthermore, there must exist a wavelength image with the same root name as the flux image and an extension of .c0h and an error image with the same root name as the flux image and an extension of .c2h.
Most of the plotting attributes are found in the psets "axispar" and "pltpar". Due to the way IRAF handles psets and scripts, these parameters are not accessible from the command line. To modify any of the parameters, use "eparam" and edit the psets.
- flux [image name]
- Calibrated flux image name. Image templates (e.g., wildcards, "@" lists, etc.) are not supported.
- (wave = "") [image name]
- Calibrated wave image name.
- (err = "") [image name]
- Calibrated propagated error image name.
- (title = "") [string]
- Plot title. If left blank (the default) the image name of the calibrated flux image will be used as the title. This parameter overrides the axispar parameter title.
- (device = "stdgraph") [string]
- The graphics device to send the graphics output to.
- (xlabel = "FLUX") [string]
- Label for X-axis. This parameter overrides the axispar parameter xlabel.
- (ylabel = "WAVELENGTH") [string]
- Label for Y-axis. This parameter overrides the axispar parameter ylabel.
- (plterr = no) [boolean]
- Overplot the error image as error bars?
- (dvpar) [pset]
- The device parameters pset. Parameters indicating what plot device the graph should be sent to, etc., are in this pset.
- (pltpar) [pset]
- Plot attribute pset used by the sgraph task.
- (axispar) [pset]
- This pset contains the various attributes of how the axis should be labeled, etc.
1. Plot the flux values for the tenth group of calibrated image z00xh903r.c1h, against the corresponding wavelength values for the same observation (found in the image, z00xh903r.c0h). Overplot the propagated errors (found in the image, z00xh903r.c2h) as error bars.
hr> fwplot z00xh903r.c1h plterr+
2. Plot the count rate values for the first group of the FOS image y00vk101r.c4h, against the corresponding wavelength values for the same observation. Modify the label for the Y-axis.
fo> fwplot y00vk101r.c4h ylabel="COUNT RATE"
3. Explicitly specify all of the input images to use in plotting observation yplotest.
fo> fwplot yplotest.c1h wave=yplotest.c0h err=yplotest.c2h plterr+