fxinsert -- Generic FITS multi-extension insert utility
fxinsert input output groups
- input [string]
- Can be a list of FITS filenames with or without extension number.
- output [string]
- Output filename. The extension number after which the input units are going to be inserted is required.
- groups = "" [string]
- Specify the list of extensions to insert from the those files without explicit extension number. This list is applied to all input files.
- verbose = yes
- Print each operation as it takes place?
Finsert will insert one or more FITS units after a specified extension number from the output file. A unit can be a whole FITS file or one extension.
FITS extensions are numbered from zero -as the primary unit, with one as the first extension two as the second extension and so on.
1. Insert group 3 from input.fits after group 1 from output.fits file. im> fxinsert input.fits output.fits 2. To insert extensions 1,3,5 from input file g10.fits after group 5 from g30.fits file. im> fxinsert g10.fits g30.fits groups="1,3,5" 3. Insert files and extensions. im> fxinsert fa.fits,fb.fits,fc.fits foutput.fits
Finsert does not accept EXTNAME or EXTVER values yet.