gdevices -- list available imaging or other graphics devices
- devices = "^imt"
- A list of patterns identifying the class of devices for which information is to be output. If multiple patterns are given they should be separated by commas. The default pattern matches all stdimage (e.g. IMTOOL) devices.
- graphcap = "graphcap"
- The graphcap file to be scanned (any termcap format file will do). By default the graphcap file specified by the graphcap environment variable, usually "dev$graphcap", is scanned.
gdevices prints a table of the available devices in a given class of devices, giving for each device a list of the aliases by which the device is known, the imaging resolution in X and Y, and a short description of the device (if present in the graphcap file entry).
By default gdevices lists the available stdimage devices as defined in the active graphcap file, however, by manipulating the devices and graphcap parameters any class of devices in any file can be listed.
1. List the available stdimage (e.g. IMTOOL or SAOIMAGE) devices.
cl> gdev # ALIASES NX NY DESCRIPTION imtx 512 512 Imtool display server imt1 imt512 imtool 512 512 Imtool display server imt2 imt800 800 800 imt3 imt1024 1024 1024 imt4 imt1600 1600 1600 imt5 imt2048 2048 2048 imt6 imt4096 4096 4096 (etc.)
2. List the available IMDKERN devices.
cl> gdev dev=imd # ALIASES NX NY DESCRIPTION imdblack imdbla imdB imdbl 2048 2048 imdwhite imdwhi imdW imdw 2048 2048 (etc.)
3. List the VMS graphics devices.
cl> gdev dev=VMS # ALIASES NX NY DESCRIPTION iism70v 512 512 NOAO Vela hosted IIS model iism75 512 512 IIS model 75 image display ui300 3130 2370 UNIX interface to the NOAO vver 2112 1636 VMS generic interface to th (etc.)
The method used to extract device entries involves multiple scans of the graphcap file hence is not very efficient.