gkidecode -- decode one or more GKI metacode files
- The input metacode, which can be read from a list of files or redirected from the standard input.
- generic = no
- The remaining parameters are ignored when generic = yes.
- verbose = no
- If verbose = yes, the elements of polylines, cell arrays, etc. will be printed.
- gkiunits = no
- By default, coordinates are printed in NDC rather than GKI units.
Task gkidecode is a debugging tool used to decode GKI metacode files. The plotting instructions are decoded and printed in readable form on the standard ouput. The input metacode can be read from one or more files or redirected from the standard input.
If verbose = yes, elements of polyline and cell array calls are printed in addition to the default output. Coordinates can be printed in either GKI (0 - 32767) or NDC (0.0 - 1.0) units.
1. Decode the metacode instructions in file crtpict.mc in verbose mode.
cl> gkidecode crtpict.mc verbose+
2. Print a shorter listing of the same file on the versatec.
cl> gkidecode crtpict.mc | lprint dev=ver
3. Decode the third frame in metacode file "oned.mc".
cl> gkiextract oned.mc 3 | gkidecode