history -- display the last few commands
- The number of commands to be displayed.
The history task prints a list of the last few commands executed. Only commands which terminated normally are included. The number of commands to be printed may be specified on the command line if desired. If the number is preceded by a minus sign the default number of lines is not changed, otherwise history will take the value given as the new default number of commands to be printed.
1. Print the last few commands.
2. Print the entire history list.
cl> history -999
3. Change the default number of history lines to be printed to 5 (and print the last five commands).
cl> history 5
4. Save the history in the file "commands".
cl> history -999 > commands