NAME · USAGE_ · PARAMETERS · DESCRIPTION · EXAMPLES · SEE_ALSO
imdivide -- image division with zero checking and rescaling
imdivide numerator denominator resultant
- Numerator image.
- Denominator image.
- Resultant image. This image will be of datatype real.
- title = '*'
- Title for resultant image. The special character * defaults the title
to that of the numerator image.
- constant = 0
- The constant value for the zero division constant option.
- rescale = norescale
- After the image division the resultant image may be rescaled with the following
- Do not rescale the resultant image.
- Scale the resultant image to the specified mean value.
- Scale the resultant image to have the same mean value as the numerator image.
- mean = 1
- The mean value used rescale the resultant image under mean option of
- verbose = no
- Print the means of each image?
image is divided by the denominator
form the resultant
image. The division is checked for division by
zero and replaces the result with the value of the parameter constant
After the division the resultant image may be rescaled.
The rescaling option is selected with rescale
. The options are
not to rescale, rescale to the specified mean
value, and rescale to
the mean of the numerator. The means of the three images are calculated
and may be printed with the verbose option.
1. To divide a object image by a flat field and then rescale the division
back to the mean of the object image:
cl> imdivide object image final rescale=numerator
Source Code · Search Form · STSDAS
Maintained by the Science Software Group at STScI
This file last updated on 19 Sep 2001