imrename -- rename one or more images
imrename oldnames newnames
- An image template specifing the names of the images to be renamed.
- Either an image template specifying the new names for the images, or the name of the directory to which the images are to be renamed (moved).
- verbose = no
- If verbose output is enabled a message will be printed on the standard output recording each rename operation.
The imrename task renames one or more images. The ordinary rename task cannot be used to rename images since an image may consist of more than one file.
1. Rename the image "pix" to "wfpc.1".
cl> imrename pix wfpc.1
2. Rename all the "nite1*" images as "nite1_c".
cl> imrename nite1.*.imh nite1%%_c%.*.imh
3. Move the images in logical directory "dd" to the current directory.
cl> imrename dd$*.imh .
4. Move the pixel files associated with the images in the current directory to a subdirectory "pix" of the current directory.
cl> reset imdir = HDR$pix/ cl> imrename *.imh .