BUGS · SEE_ALSO
imslice -- slice an image into images of lower dimension
imslice input output slicedim
- The list of input images to be sliced. The input images must have a dimensionality greater than one.
- The root name of the output images. For each n-dimensional input image m (n-1)-dimensional images will be created, where m is the length of the axis to be sliced. The sequence number m will be appended to the output image name.
- The dimension to be sliced.
- verbose = yes
- Print messages about actions taken.
The n-dimensional images input are sliced into m (n-1)-dimensional images output , where m is the length of the axis of the input image to be sliced. A sequence number from 1 to m is appended to output to create the output image name.
1. Slice the 3-D image "datacube" into a list of 2D images. A list of images called plane001, plane002, plane003 ... will be created.
im> imslice datacube plane 3
2. Slice the list of 2-D images "nite1,nite2,nite3" into a list of 1-D images. A new list of images nite1001, nite1002, ..., nite2001, nite2002, ..., nite3001, nite3002 will be created.
im> imslice nite1,nite2,nite3 nite1,nite2,nite3 2
If the image to be sliced is an image section, the images slices will refer to the section not the original image.