movefiles -- move files to a directory
movefiles files directory
- A template specifying the file or files to be moved.
- The directory to which the files are to be moved.
- verbose = no
- If set to "yes", tell user as each file is moved.
This routine moves the specified files to the named directory. If a subdirectory and a logical directory both exist with the same name as the destination directory, the subdirectory is used.
1. Move all files whose names start with `im' and end with `ab' to the directory `dir'. Since "verbose" defaults to "no", do the work silently.
cl> movefiles im*ab dir
2. Move all files in the current directory into the directory one level up.
cl> move * ..