BUGS · REFERENCES · HELP · SEE_ALSO
msjoin -- Join or re-assemble the image sets (IMSETs) from NICMOS, STIS, ACS or WFC3 images.
msjoin inimg outimg
The msjoin task will assemble the specified files, each containing individual image sets (IMSETs) of NICMOS, STIS, ACS or WFC3 data, into a single file consisting of multiple IMSETs. This data may have previously been created with the mssplit task.
NICMOS and WFC3/IR IMSETs consist of five image extensions with the following image extension names: SCI, ERR, DQ, SAMP, and TIME. STIS, ACS, and WFC3/UVIS IMSETs consist of three image extensions with the following image extension names: SCI, ERR, and DQ. In joining or assembling the IMSETs, a single, new output file is generated from the multiple input files. The Primary Header Unit which contains descriptive information for the new file is taken from the first input file. Each input file is assumed to contain only one IMSET, as this task is a complement to the mssplit task. The IMSET from each of the input files is then copied into the new file, in the order that the input names are specified. The EXTVER keywords are updated in the new file to correspond to the sequential order of the input files, beginning with EXTVER = 1.
The only input parameters for this task are the input and output image names. The input value(s) for inimg can be several image names separated by commas on the command line, or an input file (i.e., @input.lst). The value of outimg is a single file name.
- inimg [file name list/template]
- Parameter inimg contains the names of the files whose IMSET contents are to be concatenated.
- outimg [file name]
- Parameter outimg contains the name of the file to be
created from contents of the multiple input files.
1. Assemble two input files as designated on the command line into a new file, out.fits. The new file will have the same Primary Header Unit as the first input file in the list. The NEXTEND keyword will be updated to reflect the number of image extensions in the new file. In this case, NEXTEND will be updated to 10, as both n3_5.fits and n3_9.fits each contain one NICMOS IMSET. The EXTVER values in the new file, out.fits, will be "1" for the IMSET from n3_5.fits and "2" for the IMSET from n3_9.fits.
cl> msjoin n3_5.fits,n3_9.fits out.fits
2. The same example as above, but the two input file names are designated by an input file.
cl> msjoin @input.lst out.fits
This task does not update any instrument-dependent FITS keywords.
This script was written by M.D. De La Pena, SSG.
For assistance using this or any other tasks, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call the help desk at 410-338-1082.