BUGS · REFERENCES · SEE_ALSO
nicpipe -- process NICMOS images through various steps of CALNICA
nicpipe input output stage
Nicpipe is a CL script that can be used to run NICMOS MultiAccum images through various steps of the "calnica" calibration pipeline task. This is intended to be used to prepare images for bias correction with the task "biaseq", and to apply final processing after correction with "biaseq".
Lists of input and output images may be used to automatically process large numbers of datasets. Only the input and output dataset names are passed to "calnica", so users may set other "calnica" parameters as desired before running "nicpipe". Nicpipe automatically sets the necessary calibration switches in the input image header so that "calnica" performs the appropriate steps.
To prepare images for input to the "biaseq" task, use "nicpipe" with "stage=biaseq". Raw images will then be processed through "calnica" using the ZSIGCORR, ZOFFCORR, MASKCORR, BIASCORR, NOISCALC, DARKCORR, NLINCORR, BARSCORR, PHOTCALC, BACKCALC, and WARNCALC steps. The FLATCORR, UNITCORR, and CRIDCALC steps will be omitted. The resulting *_ima.fits files can then be used as input to "biaseq". The *_cal.fits files resulting from this stage of processing will simply contain a copy of the data from the last readout (IMSET=1) in the _ima.fits file and can be ignored or discarded.
To apply the final processing steps to images produced by the "biaseq" task, use "nicpipe" with "stage=final". These images will be processed through "calnica" with only the FLATCORR, UNITCORR, and CRIDCALC steps performed. FLATCORR processing will NOT be applied to grism images (identified by header keyword FILTER="G096", "G141", or "G206").
- input [file]
- Input MultiAccum image name(s). This will normally be either a *_raw.fits file for initial processing, or a *_ima.fits type file produced by the "biaseq" task. The full file name must be given.
- output [file]
- Output image name(s). This can be left blank, in which case the root name of the input file will be used for constructing the output file name, or it can be given as either a root or full name specification. If only a root name is given, calnica will automatically construct output file names with the standard suffixes (_ima and _cal) appended.
- stage [string, allowed values: biaseq | final]
- Specifies what stage of processing to apply. A value of "biaseq" results in images that are ready for input to the "biaseq" task, while "final" applies the final calibration to images that have already been processed with the "biaseq" task.
1. Process the image n3z302g7m_raw.fits through the first steps of "calnica" to prepare it for input to the "biaseq" task. All three examples are equivalent and produce output files with root names of "n3z302g7m" and standard _ima and _cal file name suffixes:
cl> nicpipe n3z302g7m_raw.fits "" biaseq cl> nicpipe n3z302g7m_raw.fits n3z302g7m biaseq cl> nicpipe n3z302g7m_raw.fits n3z302g7m_cal.fits biaseq
2. Prepare the raw image n4ls01i1q_raw.fits for input to "biaseq", run "biaseq", then apply the final calibration:
cl> nicpipe n4ls01i1q_raw.fits n4ls01i1q_np1 biaseq cl> biaseq n4ls01i1q_np1_ima.fits n4ls01i1q_beq.fits "1-6" cl> nicpipe n4ls01i1q_beq.fits n4ls01i1q_beq_cal.fits final
4. Process the raw images listed in the file "raw.lis" to prepare them for input to the "biaseq" task. The corresponding list of output file names is contained in the file "cal.lis":
cl> nicpipe @raw.lis @cal.lis biaseq
- Version 01-Jun-(STSDAS v2.2)
- The "stage=pedsky" option was removed because the "pedsky" task was modified to accept flatfielded images as input. Therefore it is no longer necessary to apply partial processing to images intended for input to "pedsky", nor to finish the calibration processing after correcting with "pedsky". Fully calibrated images ("stage=final") can now be used as input to the "pedsky" task.
- Version 11-Jun-(STSDAS v2.1)
- First release of the task. Included "stage=pedsky" option.
Authors: H. Bushouse, M. Dickinson, STScI