NAME · USAGE · DESCRIPTION · PARAMETERS · EXAMPLES · REFERENCE
BUGS · SEE_ALSO
pp_dads -- Generate paper product for HST observations
pp_dads input device
The paper product of HST observations provides the user a quick look of data
qualities and summaries. They are automatically generated at the end of
the pipeline process and are distributed to the user. The task PP_DADS is
the stand-alone version generating the same paper product.
- input = "*" [string]
- Input files. Wild cards can be used. Input files can include more than
one instrument and/or more than one proposal. Besides the raw/calibrated
data file(s), each observation must have the SHP file (for older instruments)
or the SPT file (for new instruments) in order to be processed by this task.
Input files can be either GEIS (applicable to older instruments only, i. e.
FOC, FOS, GHRS, and WFPC2) or FITS format. You can even have both formats
but for the same root name, there should be only one format for all the files.
- device = "stdplot" [string]
- Name of the output graphics device. It can be a printer (e.g. lp1), a
PostScript file (e.g. psi_land), or the terminal (e.g. stdgraph). Since
the default orientation is landscape, the use of psi_port is not recommended.
If the output is a PostScript file, it is generated in the /tmp directory, and
will have a name (or names if the output is large, and are broken into
several files) like psk1234a.
- (output_select) = "all" [string]
- Select which parts of the paper product to be in the output. Allowed
values are: "cover" for cover page (and explanatory page if any), "visit"
for the visit summary pages, "obs" for the data pages, or "all" for all of
above. You can specify more than one choice, e.g. "cover,visit".
- (print_dir) = no [bool]
- Print the data directory name at the lower left corner on the cover page. This
is useful for the STScI Archive to identify the paper product with the
corresponding data tapes.
- (verbose) = no [bool]
- Print out detailed processing information. This is useful for debugging if
something goes wrong. If set to yes, several temporary files will be left in
the /tmp directory. They all have file names started with PP.
1. process all the STIS files in the local directory and produce the output
as a PostScript file.
pa> pp_dads o* psi_land
W. B. Sparks et.al.: "HST Paper Products" (STScI memo, December 12, 1995)
Source Code · Package Help · Search Form · STSDAS
Maintained by the Science Software Group at STScI
This file last updated on 15 Sep 2011