BUGS · SEE_ALSO
prenumber -- renumber an APPHOT/DAOPHOT database
- The APPHOT/DAOPHOT database to be renumbered.
- id = "ID"
- The name of the keyword whose value is the sequence number of the object
- idoffset = 0
- An integer offset to be added to the id numbers of the stars in the output renumbered photometry file. If idoffset is > 0, the output id numbers will run from 1 + idoffset to N + idoffset instead of from 1 to N. in the database.
PRENUMBER is a simple task which accepts an APPHOT/DAOPHOT database file and renumbers the objects in the file from 1 + idoffset to N + idoffset, where N is the number of objects in the database. A renumber operation is often performed after an append operation to insure that the database objects have unique id numbers or after a sort to put the id numbers in order.
PRENUMBER is a script which executes TXRENUMBER if the APPHOT/DAOPHOT database is a text database or TCALC if the file is an STSDAS table database.
1. Renumber a sorted NSTAR database that has been sorted on magnitude.
pt> prenumber m92r.nst.1
2. Renumber a PHOT photometry file of extra stars so as to ensure the stars' id numbers are greater than 4000.
pt> prenumber m92r.mag.extra idoffset=4000