BUGS · SEE_ALSO
psort -- sort an APPHOT/DAOPHOT database file
psort infiles field
- The input APPHOT/DAOPHOT databases to be sorted. The sort is performed in place.
- The field to be sorted on. If the input file is a text database, field may be any quantity defined by the APPHOT/DAOPHOT #K and #N keywords. If the input file is an STSDAS table database field may be any column name. Field may be of type integer or real, in which case a numeric sort is performed, boolean, in which case the boolean constant "no" is assumed to have a smaller value than "yes", or character in which case an alphabetic sort is performed.
- ascend = yes
- Sort in increasing value order.
PSORT is a simple task which accepts an APPHOT/DAOPHOT database file and sorts it in place based on the value of the selected quantity field . By default the sort is in increasing order of the value of field, but a reverse sort can be performed by setting ascend = no.
If field is a real or integer the sort is numeric, if boolean the constant "no" is assumed to have a smaller value than "yes", if character the sort is alphabetic.
PSORT is a simple CL script which call TXSORT if the input database is a text file and TSORT if the input database is a text file.
1. Sort the output of the APPHOT task PHOT in increasing order of the y coordinate.
pt> psort m92.mag.1 YCENTER
2. Sort the output of the DAOPHOT task ALLSTAR in increasing order of magnitude.
pt> psort m92.al.1 MAG