rd2xy -- Translate right ascension and declination to a 2-D image pixel coordinate.
rd2xy infile[group] ra dec
This task uses the group parameters CRVAL, CRPIX, and the CD matrix coefficients to translate RA/Dec to the pixel coordinate. Thus the epoch of RA and Dec must be the same as these group parameters.
- infile [string]
- Input image name. Images are calculated one at a time and wildcards are not supported. If no group number is specified, it assumes the default group of 1.
- ra [real]
- The right ascension.
- dec [real]
- The declination.
- (hour) = yes [boolean]
- Is the input RA in hours or degrees?
- (x) [real]
- The output X pixel coordinate.
- (y) [real]
- The output Y pixel coordinate.
1. Calculate (X,Y) in the first group of an image from RA/Dec:
wf> rd2xy w1234567t.d0h 11:11:53 03:28:53