rdifferx -- Display a histogram of the differences between reseau entries in two separate files.
rdifferx input1 entry input2 refentry output
This program calculates the differences between the coordinates in a reference reseau grid and one or more entries in a reseau file, and produces a histogram of those differences which can be displayed or plotted.
For each reseau mark that is processed, three histograms are produced: one for line differences, one for sample differences, and one for radial differences. The bin size in each case may be chosen automatically to fit the entire range in the 40 bins printed. However, the parameters nbin, z1 and z2 may be set to define a bin size.
- input[file name]
- Input reseau file.
- entry = * [string]
- Template describing which entries entries in the input file are to be used in producing a histogram. The default (*) is to process all entries.
- input[file name]
- Name of the reference reseau file. Reference entries will be subtracted from corresponding entries in input1. This is an optional parameter; if it is not used, then the reference entry will be taken from input1.
- refentry = " " [string]
- Template describing which reference positions are to be used. The default (blank) uses the same entries described by entry.
- output [file name]
- Optional file name for the output reseau file created by rdifferex. If this parameter is not used, the reseau file is appended to input1.
- (options = all) [string, allowed values: all | sequential | ref]
- Type of histogram to be produced. If option = all, then all vectors will be used in one plot. If option = sequential, then differences between adjacent pairs will be plotted (i.e., line differences will be plotted); in this case, input2 is ignored. If 'option = ref', then the differences between input1 and input2 will be plotted (i.e., sample differences will be plotted).
- (nbins = 20) [integer, min=1]
- The number of bins to use.
- (z= INDEF) [real]
- The minimum value contained in any bin.
- (z= INDEF) [real]
- The maximum value for any bin.
- (device = "stdgraph") [string]
- Plotting device to be used.
- (listout = no) [boolean]
- Do you want histogram values rather than a plot to be displayed on the terminal screen? When this parameter is passed a value of "yes", only the histogram values will be displayed on the terminal screen, one for each of the line direction differences, sample direction differences, and radial differences. If listout = no, then the histograms will be plotted and values will not be listed.
- (diffmean = INDEF) [real]
- The mean radial difference between the reference entry and the last reseau procesed. This paramter is set by the task, it is not a user-definable parameter.
- (diffrms = INDEF) [real]
- The root mean square of the differences between the reference entry and the last reseau processed. This is an output parameter produced by the task, it is not user-definable.
- (diffmax= INDEF) [real]
- The maximum radial difference found between the reference entry and the last reseau processed. This is a task output parameter, not a user-definable parameter.
- (nrows= INDEF) [integer]
- The number of rows in the reseau grid. This is a task output parameter, not a user parameter.
- (ncols= INDEF) [integer]
- The number of columns in the reseau grid. This is an output parameter.
- (ngood= INDEF) [integer]
- The number of common non-hole reseau locations in the reference and last processed reseau. This is a task output parameter.
- (refent) [string]
- The name of the reference entry used. This is a task output parameter.
- (resent) [string]
- The name of the last reseau processed. This is a task output parameter.
1. Show differences between all entries in a reseau file called int1 and a reference grid called previous. Plots will be produced on a terminal.
fo> rdifferx in1 * previous ref "" listout-
This task was written by David Giaretta.
Type "help reseau" for more information about reseau files.