slitpic -- generate IRAF image of slit mask for aperture plates.
slitpic serial_numbers output_root
- A range of serial numbers to be searched for in tape1 . One mask is generated for each serial_number .
- The rootname of the output image file. The serial_number is appended to this output_root if more than one image is begin created.
- tape= "slitsave"
- A text file containing solutions generated by program SLITS. This file essentially contains x,y positions of slits to be included on the mask.
- slit_width = 2.5
- The slit width in seconds of arc.
- site = "kpno"
- The telescope site where the output mask will be used. Current choices are "kpno" and "ctio".
- pixel_scale = 0.4157
- The scale of the output image in arcseconds per pixel
- pixel_scale_date = "14feb84"
- The date from which pixel_scale is valid. The output crtpict print will be annotated with this date.
- crtpict = no
- This boolean parameter controls whether or not a file of commands is written to drive program crtpict .
- cmd_file = "cmd"
- If crtpict = yes, this parameter specifies the root name of the output command file. This command file is read by task crtpict .
Task slitpic reads a file of slit positions and generates an IRAF image for use as a slit mask for aperture plate observing.
The following example creates an IRAF image from the "SERIAL = 67" entry
in file "mask67.dat"; the output image is named "mask":
cl> slitpic 67 mask tape1=mask67.dat
Task slitpic takes 8 cp seconds to create a 780 x 780 mask; a 1184 x 1184 image requires about 16 cp seconds.