The stplot package includes general purpose plotting tasks
tailored toward STSDAS data formats; that is, tables and group format
image files. These tasks include:
- The sgraph task
includes all of the functions of the IRAF plot.graph task, but adds
the ability to plot from STSDAS tables (images and text files were supported
by graph). In sgraph, you can plot a single column against a row, or
a column against another column.
- The depind task prints pairs of dependent and independent pixel
values from two one-dimensional images to STDOUT. This may be piped to
sgraph or plot.graph to plot one image line (spectrum) against another.
- The skymap task interprets an STSDAS table as a catalog of
coordinates and brightnesses to produce a star chart. That is, it
plots symbols whose size depends on brightness and whose position
on the plot is a projection of the celestial coordinates. There is an
interactive interface that allows a user to roam among different
parts of the catalog, change the chart scale, and perform other actions.
- Group Format
- Three tasks support group format STSDAS images and plot more
than one group member on a single graph.
- A generic task to permit converting a range of groups to a list of image names. The output list may be used by any task that accepts alist of images as input.
selected members on a single plot
- Uses the
noao.onedspec.specplot task to allow interaction with a plot of several
- The fieldplot task is a general purpose task to draw arrows
representing a vector field, that is, directions and magnitudes. Data
are read from STDIN to represent the coordinates of a point and the
field vector. The vector may be either a pair of projected magnitudes
or the absolute magnitude and direction. The magnitude may be scaled
- The igi task is an interactive interpreter for producing
arbitrary plots. The syntax of the commands is based on Mongo, but igi
operates within IRAF and is device independent. (A complete reference
manual for igi is available on request from the STSDAS group.)
- The newcont task is an improved version of plot.contour. The
algorithm used produces smoother contours that will not cross.
It also provides more options for determining contour level and specifying
contour line types.
- The rdsiaf task reads in the aperture descriptions from the Project
Data Base (PDB) Science Instrument Aperture File (SIAF) and writes
them into an SDAS table. This table is used by siaper, which plots
the telescope apertures.
- The siaper task uses any graphics device to draw the science
instrument apertures of the HST.
It requires an input image containing WCS information. The drawn aperture
can then be laid over an image.
- The psikern task is a GIO kernel that translates from IRAF's graphics
Source Code · Package Help · Search Form · STSDAS
Maintained by the Science Software Group at STScI
This file last updated on 24 Feb 2011