BUGS · SEE_ALSO
txsort -- sort a list of APPHOT/DAOPHOT text database file(s)
txsort textfile field
- The input APPHOT/DAOPHOT text database(s) to be sorted. The sort is performed in place.
- The field to be sorted on. Field may be any quantity defined by the APPHOT/DAOPHOT #K and #N keywords. The keywords may be of type integer or real, in which case a numeric sort is performed, boolean, in which case the boolean constant "no" has a smaller value than "yes", or character in which case an alphabetic sort is performed.
- ascend = yes
- Sort in increasing value order.
TXSORT is a simple task which accepts a list of APPHOT/DAOPHOT text database files and sorts them in place based on the value of the selected field specifier field . By default the sort is performed in increasing order of the value of field , but a reverse sort can be performed by setting ascend = "no".
If field is a real or integer quantity the sort is numeric; if boolean the boolean constant "no" is assumed to have a smaller value than "yes"; if character the sort is alphabetic.
1. Sort the output of the APPHOT task PHOT in increasing order of the y position.
pt> txsort m92.mag.1 YCENTER
2. Sort the output of the DAOPHOT task ALLSTAR in increasing order of magnitude.
pt> txsort m92.al.1 MAG