BUGS · SEE_ALSO
vigmodel -- add the effect from telescope vignetting to the model data
vigmodel image vignimage vigncorr
This is a script task which builds a command string for the IMCALC task to perform the addition of telescope vignetting effects to model data. Essentially the input model file will be divided by the vignetting correction file:
vimage = image / vigncorr
The resultant file is updated with a history record to show the IMCALC operation. In addition a VIGN parameter is added to the XRAY header of the image file.
- image = prompt = Input image file
The name of the input model file to which the effects of vignetting are to be added.
- (errimage = ) [string]
The name of the input error file associated with the input image file. If NONE is entered, an output error array will not be created. If NULL or . is used, the default error filename will be constructed.
- vignimage = prompt = Output vignetted image file
The name of the output image file which includes the vignetting.
- (errvignimage = ) [string]
The name of the output error file which has had the vignetting applied to it. If NONE is entered, an output error array will not be created. If NULL or . is used, the default error filename will be contructed.
- vigncorr = prompt = Vignetting corrections mask
The name of the data file containing the vignetting corrections. This can be either an IRAF image ( -.imh ) or mask ( -.pl ) file.
- (clobber = no) [boolean]
If set to yes this will silently overwrite any existing output file. If set to no it will refuse to overwrite.
1. This will create the new image vi296.imh by including the vignetting factors from i296_vig.pl in the input model file, i296.imh. No error arrays will be generated.
Input image file: i296 Output vignetted image file: vi296 Vignetting corrections mask: i296_vig.pl Input error image (NONE): NONE
2. This will create the new image vi296.imh by including the vignetting factors from i296_vig.pl in the input model file, i296.imh The default error array ( i296_err) will also have the vignetting applied and write the results to vi296_err.
Input image file (i296): Output vignetted image file (vi296): Vignetting corrections mask (i296_vig.pl): Input error image (NONE): . Output vignetted error file: .
This operation takes ~30 seconds on a 256 x 256 data array.
Since this is a script task at present, it is a bit primitive. It does not check that the input data have already had a vignetting correction applied.
IMCALC, MAKEVIG, and IMMODEL