Tables can be viewed, created, printed, and manipulated using the tasks in the STSDAS
ttools package (or in the external TABLES package). Tasks in ttools are listed below, based on their function.
- Create a table: tcreate, tedit
- Display contents: tprint, tread, tedit, tcheck, tupar, gtedit
- Modify contents: tedit, tupar, gtedit
- Information about a table: tinfo, tlcol
- Database-like utilities: tquery, tsort, tproject, tselect, tdiffer, tjoin, tproduct, texpand
- Statistics, etc: thistogram, tlinear, trebin, tstat
- Arithmetic: tcalc, tintegrate
- Convert between table or image header parameter, CL parameter, table datum: keypar, keytab, parkey, partab, tabkey, tabpar, keyselect
- Change column definition or table size: tchcol, tchsize
- Miscellaneous: tcopy, trename, tdelete
To simply read the contents of a table, you can use tread to display the file and move through it using the arrow keys. Use tprint to display the file in a formatted manner.
For more details, see "STSDAS Tables: the ttools Package" on page 68.