NB: Pysynphot is still under development, and so is its documentation. This preliminary documentation corresponds to pysynphot v0.7, released as part of stsci_python 2.9.
- PysynphotQuickstartTutorial (for those who prefer to jump right in)
- Pysynphot User's Guide (in progress)
- Introduction to Pysynphot for Synphot Users (in progress)
- (Py)Synphot Data User's Guide: contains the supported obsmodes for all instruments and non-HST bands, and descriptions of the available atlases and catalogs. Although this document was written for SYNPHOT, all information about supported obsmodes, atlases, and catalogs applies to pysynphot as well.
- Introduction to matplotlib/pyplot, the plotting package suggested for use with Pysynphot
- Python tutorial for Python version 2.5.4
- API documentation: includes class hierarchies and internals for the most recent pysynphot (irafdev, trunk)
- Astrolib home: View subversion repository and tickets, file a ticket